Today we commemorate the 20th anniversary of Turkmenistan achieving independence from the Soviet Union.
A few fun facts about Turkmenistan (thanks Wikipedia):
* A little over 5 million folks call it home
* The GDP is nearly $32 billion
* Alexander the Great conquered the Turkmenistan area around 4BC. Way to go Al!
* They drive on the right side of the street. - No British nonsense on the left side.
* It is dry as hell there. Dust storms galore.
* Turkmen is the official language of that country
* They produce the 10th most cotton of any country in the world
Sag boluň, (Goodbye)